Guess what friends?! Thanksgiving is in 3 days... does it feel like it? Nope! Does it look like it? Nope! Is it still 2020? Yep! Look... this year has been a doozy to say the least, but the most important thing is that we keep showing up.... showing up so we can enjoy delicious desserts and even more delicious clean treats. Now I’m obviously a dessert buff... but that’s okay because I’m not sorry, and you won’t be either after you make these bars... these are: clean, easy, kind of quick? And would go down an absolute treat with a scoop of ice cream or oh my gosh, crumbled up on the top of the scoop of ice cream with the caramel sawse. Now we’re really talking....
These aren’t: heavy, sickeningly sweet, heavily processed.
SERVINGS: 16 amazing pecan pie barsssss!
4 tablespoons Maple Syrup
1 1/2 cups of Almond flour
1/3 cup Coconut oil (melted)
4 tablespoons Coconut flour
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 cup Pecans (I subbed walnuts, use what you have girl)
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
4 tablespoons maple syrup
Scant 3/4 cup coconut sugar
1/3 cup coconut oil
1.5 tablespoon Almond milk ( again, use what you have)
1/2 tsp. Sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly spray an 8x8 pan, and set aside.
2. Mix all of the crust ingredients together and press into your pan and bake for 15 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and start working on your filling.
4.Mix together your coconut sugar, almond milk, vanilla, maple syrup and coconut oil until it comes to a light boil and all ingredients are well combined. Remove from heat and Let this sit for about 4 minutes and add your Nuts. Remember to stir intermittently!
5. Pour this mix onto your cooled shortbread base and sprinkle that sea salt!
6. Bake for approximately 18-20 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and cool in fridge for at least 3 hours.
8. Slice into desired size and enjoy!
9. **Optional** you can sprinkle with cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice! -Yummy!
10. Take pics and tag us @healthyvibesatl
*You can try and sub coconut oil for butter, but I have not tried this!