What do you get when your favorite healthy snack company mixes with the best vegan gelato company? *Inserts Revolution Vibes*
To kick off Veganuary,
I have partnered up with Revolution Gelato
to bring awareness to my favorite vegan gelato because it should be illegal not to share good ice cream. Rev Gelato is small local business in Atlanta that specializes in 100% plant based gelato. We have vended with them at many expos and events around ATL and they are the real deal guys! Now let me be honest.... I was a little concerned before I tasted their “gelato” because gelato could not be synonymous with dairy free in my head. I just knew something had to be missing. After two minutes of a personal internal fight, I caved in because... well, ice cream. All the creamy and depth of flavor without the extra dairy? The orgasmic
flavors had me at first spoonful and I just knew right then and there... I was going to have a secret affair (sorry bae). Night after night I would sneak off with a pint, or two of this and think about all of the fantastic combinations to be made. On the third night of my low key affair, I came up with this:
GF/VEGAN BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE BARS W/ VANILLA GELATO:
SERVINGS: 6 amazing crumble bars
*1/2 cup vegan butter
1 cup gluten free flour
3/4 cups of gluten free old fashioned oats
1/4 cup organic brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 1/2-2 cups of blueberries (can sub frozen or fresh...boom)
1/3 cup coconut sugar
Fresh juice of half a lemon
2 teaspoons of arrowroot (can sub cornstarch)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly spray an 8x8 pan, and set aside.
2. Melt butter completely down into liquid.
3. Add Oats, coconut and brown sugars, and flour to combine into crumbly mixture.
4. Reserve approximately 3/4 cups to a cup for the top crumble layer.
5. Press the remaining mixture into the 8x8 pan and spread until flat and even. Set aside.
6. In a separate bowl, add all the ingredients for the fruit mix and evenly combine.
7. Add the fruit mix on top of the first crust layer you have pressed into the pan.
8. Use the remaining 3/4-1 cup of crumble mix to sprinkle atop the fruit layer.
9. **Optional** Sprinkle with Cinnamon
10. Bake approximately 45-50 minutes until fruit starts to bubble and the edges are set. Bake times may vary.
*You can try and sub coconut oil for butter, but I have not tried this!
Make sure to check out rev gelato @revgelato on instagram or go get their pints directly at here
*Note I opted to use Revolution Gelato's Vanilla Flavor to serve with these bars as their vanilla has a very robust flavor and is specked with vanilla bean for an extra decadent treat. I believe their cardamom spice flavor would go down just as well with these bars.
To save more $$$, use the discount code at checkout: "VIBES15"